Monday, November 10, 2008

Peculiar stuff

I was testing out pressure strings with Guile vs. everyone in the game. I wanted to see what everyone's hitbox was like. While testing this I found 2 very wierd things vs. Dhalsim and Abel. If you corner Abel, then dash from point blank range and do c.jab > c.jab > s.strong everything will connect(be blocked). But if you FA from point blank range, then dash in and do c.jab > c.jab > s.strong the s.strong will wiff. I noticed after I dashed in after a FA, I wasn't as close to Abel as when I just did a normal dash.

I tried the same thing with Dhalsim and the opposite occurred! If you do a normal dash from point blank and do c.jab > c.jab > s.strong the s.strong will wiff. If you do a FA from point blank then dash and do c.jab > c.jab > s.strong everything will connect. It seemed after a FA dash I was REALLY close do Dhalsim. It looks like I can probably add 1 more hit to my combos after this type of dash.

I also notice that CViper's hitbox is cheap. Against everyone in the game you can pressure with this combo in the corner c.forward > f+strong > s.fierce.....EXCEPT VIPER! The s.fierce will wiff. Cheap! :)

No comments: