Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mashing

So continuing to figure out what is mashable, I decided to see if you can mash DP through any of the supers/ultras. This is if you didn't mash hard enough during the super/ultra freeze screen, you still have a chance to mash so you don't take block damage. Here's the list of ones that you can counter...

Ken - in between the 1st and 2nd DP on his super
Guile - in between the FK's on both his super and ultra
Blanka - block the first low hit, then mash DP before blanka goes high
Sagat - if the super or ultra flys over your head, mash DP
Balrog - before the last hit of his ultra mash. Block 4 punches, then mash
Viper - before the last flame kick in her super, after the first hit in her ultra
Rufus - after the first hit in his super

I also figured out some interesting techniques to super cancel Guile's FK. When I'm on the right side I always do it as db, uf+k, db, uf+k. Because of the way I hold the joystick, this is hard for me to do when I'm on the left side. So here's the trick for the left side. I charge db, then go to ub+k, then roll the stick ub, u, uf, f, df, d, db, b, ub+k. Essentially, I'm doing that SPD clockwise spin of the joystick while mashing kick. This seems to be working really well for me but I will need to do some more testing to find the best method. This "spin" method for super canceling the FK doesn't work very good for me when I'm on the right side because I have a very hard time spinning the joystick counter clockwise really fast.

No comments: