Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Badass Guile combo

This will be Guile's BNB combo off of a Focus attack crumple in the future. It's awesome because it works midscreen! It does 346 damage and 570 stun.

1) lvl2/3 FA > dash > b+rh > c.strong > SB > backfist or
2) lvl2/3 FA > dash > b+rh > s.jab > SB > backfist

OK, so combo #1 only works on Abel and Balrog because of their hit sprite. Combo #2 will work on Gief, Rufus, Bison, Dhalsim, Honda, Vega, Sagat, Blanka. Against Honda you can substitute s.rh instead of the backfist. Against Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Fuerte you can't do anything after the SB as far as I can tell. It's still a good combo to use on them after a FA crumple because it does good damage/stun.

Now b+rh > c.strong is a 1-frame link. How can this be a BNB combo if it's so difficult. While trying to learn this combo I noticed that sometimes it was really easy to do the 1-frame link. At one point I started to get it every single time and I noticed when I was doing it 100% that it looked like my b+rh was hitting at the last few frames of it's hit frames. So I thought that I might be hitting meaty with it, giving me more frames to do c.strong. To get the b+rh to hit meaty you have to get it to come out on the very first frame after you've dashed forward. If you wait any longer to press the button, it wont be as meaty anymore, making the link harder to do. So the easiest way to make it meaty is just mash the hell out of roundhouse kick as you are dashing in. I found that if I use 2 fingers to mash roundhouse it will guarantee that it will be meaty. I'm hitting this combo with great percentage!

No comments: